Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a dream!

So last night was the first time I have dreamt about my surgery. It felt so real. When I was trying to wake up I couldn't figure out if I was in the hospital or my bedroom!

I think what made it so real was that there was nothing "off" or weird about the dream until the end.

It started out with Q and my Mom bringing me to the hospital. I said bye to them and the hospital staff started to get me ready. Even the stuff in the hospital room in my dream was the same name of the hospital I am going to.

In my dream I don't see them do the surgery, but I do see myself waking up in recovery. Q is there holding my hand and I am crying. Don't know why, but I am.

Then no one is there with me. This is where the dream takes a turn for the weird. Instead of being wheeled to my room, some Angie Harmon look alike receptionist comes over, tells me to get my stuff and she is going to walk me to my room. I was confused in the dream, but remember the surgeon telling me I had to walk a lot...but this soon? lol.

Instead of bringing me to my room, she dumps me in the middle of the hospital cafeteria! Turns out she is some crazy lady that boycotts WLS surgery and is trying to do me harm!

I start freaking out and try to find my way to my room. You would think by now, the recovery team would figure out one of their patients had escaped! NOT the case. Instead I am running around an impossibly huge hospital trying to find my room. At this time, I feel no pain because I am dragging around a morphine pump with me and if I feel pain, I just hit the button. :)

Finally, I remember my mom's cell phone number. For some reason it was really important for me to press "9" before dialing out. In my morphined out stupor I can't dial. So I sit at the phone booth (still in the hospital) and laugh at it. It some how dials my mom's phone. I give her my coordinates (yes I say coordinates in the dream) and she rescues me.

The Angie Harmon look alike is arrested. I some how end up back in my room and recover nicely. The rest of the dream from when I get into my room goes back to normal.

Then I wake up in pain, or at least I think I'm in pain. I guess I am still sleeping. Obviously I am still sleeping, duh...there is no reason I should be in pain awake!

When I finally get myself awake enough from my dream its 1am! ARGH! I feel like I have been in this dream for days! Needless to say, sleeping the rest of the morning was difficult. I tossed and turned.

Am I too immersed in "WLS" world right now? This was one crazy dream, and it felt so real. I think today needs to be a day for me to relax, read, and step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment