Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 6 starts today

I can't believe day 6 of the liquid pre-op diet is here.

Friday was rough. When I got home from work, Q hugged me and I lost it. I just sat there crying. I was SO hungry. I was scared too. The 45 minute ride home from work was not fun while being light headed. I was worried the whole time. Thank goddess I chat with J the whole time I'm driving home on my bluetooth.

Anxiety for the upcoming weekend had really taken hold too. How was I supposed to get through this weekend making food for my family and not go insane? Or cheat?

Also, our middle son "M" had his first ever friend party at Chuck E Cheese Sunday.

Saturday went by easier that I thought it would. While Q took the boys to their swim lessons I cleaned up, and did some errands. That took my mind off things for a while. I made a shake and make them sandwiches and was doing really good. Not hungry. Had some SF Jello. I was doing REALLY GOOD!

Lucky me...S came down for the night. Having her there was great. We chatted, loaded up our nook's and played kinect with Q and the boys. Only tough part of the night was watching all of them chomp down on pizza and bread sticks :( The smell was a little overwhelming and I some how managed to sit at the table with all of them and drink my protein shake.

Sunday and "M"'s bday party came and went. I was so busy trying to keep 7 year olds organized that I really didn't even notice food. Chuck E Cheese smells like dirty feet and sweat to me, so maybe that helped! lol

"J" came down for a much needed visit last night out of the blue. I severely underestimated the power of friendship through this process. Hours slip by while we chat taking my mind off of whats going on. We also ironed out all my "babysitting of me" schedule for the week I come home. Having that set took 20 pounds off my shoulders. She is also going to come help me scrub the crap out of my house on the 23rd so that when I come home from the hospital I have a nice clean house.

I am also down 10 pounds. I have to admit it was scary. From Wednesday to Friday I had lost 6-7 pounds. The rest came off over the weekend. It was shocking to see the scale move.

So after today, only 8 more days to go. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment