Monday, April 18, 2011

Thank you Q

Friday...Meltdown...Sucked.

But having Q made the difference. After his shirt got done soaking up all my snots and tears he took me to Barnes and Noble.

I'm that geeky kid that needs to absorb everything around me, and especially about the things that are going on with me. I really hadn't done that yet besides reading forums and other blogs.

Q help me find books that had recipes for "life after WLS". Each recipe had a time frame on when you could eat this...example 2-4 weeks after or 6-8.

I would eat 99% of the food prepared. The books also went over lots of tips and tricks. They used lots of descriptive words that helped me visualize portions and bite sizes.

By the time I got home I felt 10 times better. Thank god for that man and his patience with me.

I showed the books to S Saturday night and she read them with me. It was amazing how much it helped her understand what I am going through and what I am going to need when I get home.

So thank you Q for that extra support I really needed Friday. You are my hero. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Can you recommend any of these books? I am having VSG surgery May 10th. I am a book nerd too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I totally can.

    Recipes for Life After Weight Loss Surgery by Margaret M. Furtado

    AND--Weight Loss Surgery Cookbooks for Dummies..

    Here is the quick link to them.

    http://astore.amazon.com/can0c9-20

    I read through tons of them and I loved these 2. Plus...their are like $6 bux cheaper on Amazon! I put the direct links above so you could find them easier.

    Congrats on the VSG. Are you on any of the boards? I am on the thinnertimesforum.com and obesityhelp.com as Dragonfly shy. Look me up! I would love to chat.

    ReplyDelete