Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hairy Meatball?


The Power of Laughter

Day 9 of pre op diet is going better than the rest.

Yesterday I had my HUGE pre op appointment at the hospital. I love my cute little hospital. I got to meet all the staff on that was working on the floor I will be on. I meet with the anesthesiologist as well. Why are all anesthesiologists smoking hot!?!? No matter what the surgery is I have had, they are GORGEOUS. And, these guys always see us with no make up…looking our worst J

They also did an EKG, chest X-Ray, blood pressure and blood work. Let’s talk about how much blood work sucks when you are on a liquid diet! After she took the 8 or 9 little tubes out of me…the world started to spin. And of course, I cannot have a cookie or juice to help feel better. It took me forever before I could leave there.

When I got home, I had to kick back in bed for hours. I just couldn’t stop with the dizzies. I finally called the surgeon’s office. The nurse there said I needed to hydrate myself with as much water as I could get down. Finally felt better around 6pm. Blood was drawn at 10 am! Nice recovery on that one…NOT!

I am getting all my protein down and then some. I still walk around with a little bit of a floaty feeling that no matter what passes. It sucks being so lightheaded.

I finally got the nerve to have Q tell his parents that I am having surgery. That was a tough one on me. Now that his parents know, I felt comfortable telling some of Q’s cousins that did not know. One of his cousins and his girlfriend both had the same surgery I am having and it was so nice to talk to him about it. I am hoping he can help Q through some of the more emotional parts and help him with what to expect.

So off to the funny parts of my day. Thank god for my minion at work. The comic relief that comes from that girl is amazing.  This is TMI so stop reading if you don’t want to hear…The rest of you perverts…continue on lol.

We were talking about the changes that happen to your body when you loose weight and she was like “your thingy (pointing at my crotch) is going to look different! That looses weight too!” I was cracking up at this point. Minion has lost a lot of weight due to an illness she has so she was telling me what looked different on her first. PS she is fine and is getting much healthier. No need to worry about Minion.

She then said to me “My cooch looked like a meatball before I lost weight! I used to call it a meatball smothered in hair!”

Ah god…I just about fell off my chair laughing. Thank goodness for my Minion at work to make me laugh and take my mind off of the fact that I am floating in my chair due to non eating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment